HotBliggityBlog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Holy Cow - time flies whether you are having fun or not!

Have had 'get back to the blogging' on my to-do list for ages but was shocked when I saw my last post was in January -- holy cow.  And while there has been a lot of fun going on since then, mostly there has been a lot of work stuff ... and after a full day on the computer at work a lot of times I just don't feel much like getting back online in the evenings...I'm betting some of you feel the same way!  But I have to stop the whining...which this blog has been doing ("Sam, where are you?  I'm LONELY, no one to talk to...") and I can't stand whining so I'm going to try to do better with this.

One of the fun things is a little card challenge my sister and I do with each other.  We take turns coming up with card challenges...just whatever we feel like.  Sometimes we are trying out a new gadget or punch, sometimes a new kind of paper or a new technique...we make the challenge, send pictures to each other and then start all over again.

For the rest of this year, we decided to make our challenge card but also to make a Christmas card of our choice...or we can meet the challenge with a Christmas card and satisfy our rule!

And we just finished my turn -- My challenge was to use paisley with the colors red and black.  So here are pictures of my sister's card; she took advantage of the two for one option and hers is a Christmas card also.  Then my cards -- the challenge card plus my Christmas one, which comes from a Paper Wishes card kit - so easy, love those kits!  Now we both want a punch that will cut the focal this Christmas card has!  Anybody know of one?

My sister Pat's card:

My card:
My Christmas card:

Thanks for dropping by!



1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Great to see you posting again, Sam. Your challenge with your sister sounds fun. I'd love to have a sister to do that with. :D